EMPOWER YOUR GLOBAL GAS STRATEGY AND PAVE THE WAY TO SUCCESS USING G2M2.
Natural Gas is now a global commodity.
Once the realm of Isolated markets, natural gas is now an essential part of a global community of producers, traders and consumers.
Market volatility was mostly driven by weather, controlled by seasonality. But as we have seen, many new factors are having a larger impact, such as decarbonization, geopolitics and energy security.
With the entire energy industry in flux, it is vital to have a way to navigate this uncertainty. To really understand role of gas in the energy transition, to maintain energy security, you need the ability to simulate the market using a variety of assumptions.
You need the G2M2® Market Simulator for Global Gas and LNG™.
Create Custom Scenarios
Import Own Assumptions
Integrate other Modeling Systems
Licensees can create scenarios employing their own assumptions for these projects. RBAC works continuously to enhance G2M2 functionality and performance, anticipating the needs of the industry and rapidly responding to user requests.
The G2M2 base case is calibrated using the most recently available data from both publicly available and industry leading data providers. Currently the base case runs from 2011 to 2050. From this foundation each licensee can create its own reference case and scenarios based on its own assumptions.
Licensees can integrate G2M2 with their own market intelligence and other modeling systems such as RBAC’s GPCM® Market Simulator for North American Gas and LNG™ and power market models such as Aurora, EnCompass, and PROMOD for a completely integrated market simulation ecosystem.
Get certainty and find opportunities. Schedule a demo today.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a complete system of interrelated models of global gas and LNG production, transportation, storage and consumption. G2M2 is designed to be used by leading energy upstream and midstream companies, consultants, gas and electric utilities, and government agencies. G2M2 can meet or exceed your requirements in a “custom fit” solution that works well within manpower and budget constraints.
G2M2 delivers invaluable insights into the rapidly changing global gas markets. Studies using G2M2 have been presented at conferences around the world, including at the International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE) conference, the World Gas Conference (WGC) and the China Petroleum and Chemical International Conference (CPCIC). G2M2 licensees have used it to study feasibility of new LNG import projects and pipelines around the world. It has also been used to establish confidence bounds around gas prices at major hubs in North America, Europe, and Asia during upcoming winter peak use periods.
- Hypothetical new inter-regional import/export pipelines.
- Proposed pipeline projects for new or growing supply sources to markets.
- Expansions on existing pipelines.
- New LNG import/export terminals and capacity expansions.
- New LNG tanker construction and retirements leading to alternative fleet levels.
- Alternative scenarios of production capacity in existing or frontier supply areas.
- Effect of carbon prices on gas-fired generation demand
Changes in demand due to technological advances (heat pumps, for example) or government restrictions.
- Severe winter or mild winter demand cases.
- New storage fields or increases in existing storage capacity.
- Production and spot market prices by region and play.
- Pipeline receipts from producers by zone.
- Pipeline flows and utilization
Transfers between pipelines at interconnects
- Injections, withdrawals, and working gas in storage by field.
- Deliveries by pipelines to LDC’s, utilities, and industrial customers
- Gas supply available to each customer in each region.
- Market clearing prices in each supply and demand region.
- Receipt and delivery price in each pipeline zone.
- Capacity release market prices.
- LNG import and export volumes and prices.
- Natural gas liquids production by region and play.
The G2M2 base case is produced by RBAC’s expert staff of energy industry veterans and researchers. Each base case update incorporates explicit assumptions for energy industry developments including new pipelines, storage, LNG projects, gas supply, gas-fired generation and other gas and LNG demand. Licensees can create scenarios employing their own assumptions for these projects. RBAC works continuously to enhance G2M2 functionality and performance, anticipating the needs of the industry and rapidly responding to user requests.
- Production by GPU and market prices by GPU or pricing hub.
- Pipeline flows and capacity utilization.
- Deliveries by pipelines to demand sectors in each GPU.
- Injections, withdrawals, and working gas in storage by GPU.
- LNG import and export volumes and prices.
- LNG flows between import and export terminals, by contract and spot.
- LNG tanker fleet utilization by class (Q Max, Q Flex, etc.).
On-site or virtual Basic G2M2 Training Course for new licensees. Advanced Training and on-site consultations available on request. Telephone support available from 9:00 am through 5:00 pm Central Time. E-mail support is also available.
Updates of the G2M2 base case are produced by RBAC’s expert staff of energy industry veterans and researchers. Each update incorporates explicit assumptions for energy industry developments including new pipelines, storage, LNG projects, gas supply, gas-fired generation and other gas and LNG demand.
Download the technical brief for offline reading.
© 2023 RBAC, Inc. All rights reserved. GPCM, GPCM Market Simulator for North American Gas and LNG and G2M2 are trademarks of RT7K, LLC and are used with its permission.