G2M2® Global Gas Market Modeling System™
G2M2 is RBAC’s modeling tool for developing forecasts and scenarios for the converging global market for natural gas. It is a complete system of interrelated models for forecasting natural gas and LNG production, transportation, storage and deliveries across the global gas market in support of high quality analyses and improved decision making.
G2M2 offers unprecedented levels of transparency without sacrificing speed or detail. It offers numerous useful reports which are exportable to MS Excel and other industry standard formats. Sophisticated and powerful, G2M2 is a modeling system which any analyst with natural gas industry knowledge can utilize to the benefit of his or her company or clients.
RBAC provides G2M2 licensees with a calibrated model and regular updates of its long-term forecast of monthly supply, demand, transportation, storage, and price. Geographical granularity of supply and demand is the GPU (geo-political unit). This is typically at the country level except for large countries which are divided into multiple GPU’s. The model is calibrated from 2011 forward using the most recently available data. Forecasts can be run out as far as Dec-2050. From this foundation each licensee creates its own reference case and scenarios based on its own assumptions.
Updates of the G2M2 Base Case are produced by RBAC’s experienced staff of expert researchers and energy industry veterans using a platform derived from the industry standard GPCM® North American Natural Gas Market Forecasting System. Each update incorporates explicit assumptions for energy industry developments including new pipelines, storage, and LNG projects and growing gas-fired generation and other gas and LNG demand. Functions and capability within G2M2 are regularly expanded and improved, anticipating the needs of the industry and rapidly responding to user requests.
G2M2 is designed for use by leading energy upstream and midstream companies, consultants, gas and electric utilities, and government agencies.
What kinds of G2M2 scenarios are possible?
- Base scenario using existing pipelines and LNG facilities and those under construction
- Newly proposed or hypothetical inter-regional import/export pipelines
- Proposed pipeline projects for new or growing supply sources to markets
- Expansions on existing pipelines
- Proposed LNG import/export terminals and capacity expansions
- New LNG tanker construction and retirements leading to alternative fleet levels
- Alternative scenarios of production capacity in existing or frontier supply areas
- Increasing demand in the gas-fired generation sector
- Growing demand in industrial and other gas use sectors
- Severe winter or mild winter demand cases
- New storage fields or increases in existing storage capacity
Outputs from a G2M2 Scenario Run:
- Production and market prices by GPU (geo-political unit)
- Pipeline receipts from producers
- Pipeline flows and capacity utilization
- Transfers between pipelines at interconnects
- Injections, withdrawals, and working gas in storage by GPU
- Deliveries by pipelines to each GPU
- Market clearing quantities and prices in each GPU
- LNG import and export volumes and prices
- LNG flows between import and export terminals, by contract and spot
- LNG tanker fleet utilization by class (Q Max, Q Flex, etc.
For additional information about G2M2® and any other RBAC product, contact James Brooks directly at (281) 506-0588 ext. 126.
© 2020 RBAC, Inc. All rights reserved. GPCM, G2M2 and G2M2 Global Gas Market Modeling System are trademarks of RT7K, LLC and are used with its permission.
Graphic Source: https://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/energy-economics/statistical-review-of-world-energy/natural-gas/natural-gas-trade-movements.html