Global Gas Market Modeling System (G2M2®)
G2M2® is RBAC’s modeling tool for developing forecasts and scenarios for the converging global market for natural gas. It is a complete system of interrelated models for forecasting natural gas and LNG production, transportation, storage and deliveries across the global gas market in support of high quality analyses and improved decision making.
G2M2 offers unprecedented levels of transparency without sacrificing speed or detail. It offers numerous useful reports which are exportable to MS Excel and other industry standard formats. Sophisticated and powerful, G2M2 is a modeling system which any analyst with natural gas industry knowledge can utilize to the benefit of his or her company or clients.
RBAC provides G2M2 licensees with a calibrated model and regular updates of its long-term forecast of monthly supply, demand, transportation, storage, and price. The model is calibrated using data from 2006 through the most recent quarter. Forecasts run from the current quarter out as far as Dec-2050. From this foundation each licensee creates its own reference case and scenarios based on its own assumptions.
The quarterly updates of the G2M2 Base Case are produced by RBAC’s experienced staff of expert researchers and energy industry veterans using a platform derived from the industry standard GPCM® Natural Gas Market Forecasting System™. Each update incorporates explicit assumptions for future demand seasonality, economic growth, world oil price, and energy industry developments including new pipelines, storage, and LNG projects and growing demand in gas-fired generation, natural gas vehicles and other transportation modes, petrochemical facilities and gas-to-liquids plants.
Functions and capability within G2M2 are regularly expanded and improved in order to anticipate the needs of the industry or rapidly respond to user requests.
G2M2 is intended for use by leading energy upstream and midstream companies, consultants, gas and electric utilities, and government agencies.
What kinds of G2M2 scenarios are possible?
- Base scenario using existing pipeline and LNG tariffs, capacities, and normal weather
- Severe winter or mild winter demand cases
- Newly proposed or hypothetical inter-regional import/export pipelines
- Expansions or tariff changes on existing pipelines
- Proposed pipeline projects for new or growing supply sources to markets
- Proposed LNG import/export terminals and capacity expansions
- Proposed gas-to-liquids (GTL) plants
- Increases or decreases of production capacity in traditional areas
- New storage fields or increases in existing storage capacity
- Increasing demand in the gas-fired generation sector
- Growing natural gas vehicle demand
- Effect on demand of slowing or rising economic growth rate
Outputs from a G2M2 Scenario Run:
- Production and spot market prices by country or region
- Pipeline receipts from producers
- Pipeline flows and capacity utilization
- Transfers between pipelines at interconnects
- Injections, withdrawals, and working gas in storage by country or region
- Deliveries by pipelines to each country or region
- Market clearing prices in each country or region
- LNG import and export volumes and prices
For additional information about G2M2® and any other RBAC product, contact James Brooks directly at (281) 506-0588 ext. 126.
© 2018 RBAC, Inc. All rights reserved. GPCM, GPCM Natural Gas Market Forecasting System, GPCM Daily, GPCM Viewpoints, GPCM-PMI, G2M2 and NGL-NA are trademarks of RT7K, LLC and are used with its permission.