G2M2® Market Simulator for Global Gas and LNG™
G2M2 is RBAC’s global gas and LNG market simulator for developing scenarios and forecasts regarding the converging global gas market. It is a complete system of interrelated models of gas and LNG production, transportation, storage and consumption. G2M2 enables analysts to provide efficient and high-quality analyses for supporting corporate investment and M&A strategy, improving free cash flow, achieving environmental and sustainability goals, including reduction of CO2 emissions, conducting credible and useful risk analysis and planning, and enhancing profitability in commodity trading.
RBAC’s G2M2® 2019 Gas Flows
G2M2 offers unprecedented levels of detail, transparency and modeling performance with intuitive and easy-to-use scenario building tools and reports that are easily exportable to Excel and PowerBI for further integration into the organization’s internal processes. Sophisticated and powerful, G2M2 is a simulator which market analysts with gas industry knowledge can utilize to improve understanding and prediction of the market, resulting in improved confidence and certainty in company decision making.
RBAC provides G2M2 licensees with a calibrated model of monthly gas supply, demand, transportation, storage, and price. Geographical granularity of supply and demand is the “GPU” (geo-political unit). While most countries are represented by a single GPU, those with large geographical extent are divided into multiple GPU’s. The G2M2 base case is calibrated using the most recently available data from both publicly available and industry leading data providers. Currently the base case runs from 2011 to 2050. From this foundation each licensee can create its own reference case and scenarios based on its own assumptions.
Updates of the G2M2 base case are produced by RBAC’s expert staff of energy industry veterans and researchers. Each update incorporates explicit assumptions for energy industry developments including new pipelines, storage, LNG projects, gas supply, gas-fired generation and other gas and LNG demand. Licensees can create scenarios employing their own assumptions for these projects. RBAC works continuously to enhance G2M2 functionality and performance, anticipating the needs of the industry and rapidly responding to user requests.
Licensees can integrate G2M2 with their own market intelligence and other modeling systems such as RBAC’s GPCM® Market Simulator for North American Gas and LNG™ and power market models such as Aurora, EnCompass, and PROMOD for a completely integrated market simulation ecosystem.
G2M2 delivers invaluable insights into the rapidly changing global gas markets. Studies using G2M2 have been presented at conferences around the world, including at the International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE) conference, the World Gas Conference (WGC) and the China Petroleum and Chemical International Conference (CPCIC). G2M2 licensees have used it to study feasibility of new LNG import projects and pipelines around the world. It has also been used to establish confidence bounds around gas prices at major hubs in North America, Europe, and Asia during upcoming winter peak use periods.
G2M2 is designed to be used by leading energy upstream and midstream companies, consultants, gas and electric utilities, and government agencies. G2M2 can meet or exceed your requirements in a “custom fit” solution that works well within manpower and budget constraints.
What kinds of G2M2 scenarios are possible?
- Hypothetical new inter-regional import/export pipelines
- Proposed pipeline projects for new or growing supply sources to markets
- Expansions on existing pipelines
- New LNG import/export terminals and capacity expansions
- New LNG tanker construction and retirements leading to alternative fleet levels
- Alternative scenarios of production capacity in existing or frontier supply areas
- Effect of carbon prices on gas-fired generation demand
- Changes in demand due to technological advances (heat pumps, for example) or government restrictions.
- Severe winter or mild winter demand cases
- New storage fields or increases in existing storage capacity
Outputs from a G2M2 Scenario run include:
- Production by GPU and market prices by GPU or pricing hub
- Pipeline flows and capacity utilization
- Deliveries by pipelines to demand sectors in each GPU
- Injections, withdrawals, and working gas in storage by GPU
- LNG import and export volumes and prices
- LNG flows between import and export terminals, by contract and spot
- LNG tanker fleet utilization by class (Q Max, Q Flex, etc.)
For additional information contact James Brooks at (281) 506-0588 ext. 126 or click here to contact.
© 2021 RBAC, Inc. All rights reserved. GPCM, GPCM Market Simulator for North American Gas and LNG, G2M2 and G2M2 Market Simulator for Global Gas and LNG are trademarks of RT7K, LLC and are used with its permission.
Graphic Source: https://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/energy-economics/statistical-review-of-world-energy/natural-gas/natural-gas-trade-movements.html